Dream Defenders are building a powerful, deep, local, organization and movement for freedom and liberation in Florida.
- We believe that our liberation necessitates the destruction of the political and economic systems of Capitalism and Imperialism as well as Patriarchy. We believe in People over profits. We believe that nonviolent resistance is “the only morally and practically sound method open to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom” and are fundamentally committed to nonviolence as our means of struggle against a violent oppressor.
- We want an immediate end to the police state and murder of Black people, other people of color, and other oppressed peoples in the United States, the immediate release of the 2.5 million prisoners of the United States’ War on the Poor, and trials by juries of our peers.
- We want an immediate end to all wars of aggression (domestic & abroad).
- We want a democracy that is fair and protects the right to vote for all.
- We want free, fully-funded public education for all that teaches us our true history and our role in present day society.
- We want community control of land, bread, housing, education, justice, peace and technology.
- We want more. We deserve more. We will organize, train, act and win.